cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Why was device.name removed from the device-plugin?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 22:42:15 GMT
-1

This is a new feature and something we never supported.

The model feature was the user-readable type of phone on Android (i.e.
Nexus 5X) where the name was the in-house codename for it, in this case
bullhead.  When we switched to device.model, we removed device.name.
Getting the Bluetooth sharing name could literally be anything like
"MyHovercraftIsFullOfEels" or "ThisRentalCarSucks".

This is entirely new functionality, and I think that it should exist in a
separate plugin.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 3:25 PM, julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmobile@gmail.com