cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Change Android Project Directory Structure to Android Studio style
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 23:28:05 GMT
The newer version of push is here [1]  and it would break also, we can
discuss this more in the hangout.

Also, note that it is not 20k references, but more like 2k ;)

[1] https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugin-push

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Frederico Galvão <
frederico.galvao@pontoget.com.br> wrote:

> I know it's only a detail, but
> https://github.com/phonegap-build/PushPlugin,
> the example used as a plugin that would "break", is a deprecated and old
> plugin.

> > It sounds like you are working on a plan to remap the older directory
> > structure to a new one. Will look forward to updates on the design and
> code
> > for that. In that case our expectation is that most plugins will not
> break
> > - is that correct? It will be great to do some compat testing with say
> the
> > top plugins.
> >
> > I understand it's hard to guarantee complete compat and we need to move
> > forward but breaking the entire plugin ecosystem will cause a lot of
> issues
> > for existing Cordova developers.
> >
> > -Nikhil

Your