cordova-dev mailing list archives

From julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmob...@gmail.com>
Subject Should we change default camera quality?
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2016 10:46:29 GMT
Some time ago I opened this issue to set android default quality to 50 on
the java code (it was really 50 because it was already set on the
javascript part, so the default java value won´t take effect)

But Nikhil commented on the issue and I think what he said makes sense

Should the default be 50? I believe the intent was that it will use lesser
memory and hence, default of 50 is a good thing - but I did some profiling
and setting the quality to anything but 100 on Android actually causes more
memory consumption because the image has to be loaded as a bitmap and
re-compressed. Setting appropriate target height & width along with
FILE_URI is the correct way to reduce the memory requirements. I propose
that the default be changed to 100.

what do you think?

I think setting the default value to 50 to reduce memory only makes sense
in the case that the user uses DATA_URL, but we recommend not to use it