cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Darryl Pogue <dar...@dpogue.ca>
Subject Supporting a "display name" in config.xml
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 00:30:45 GMT
One feature that has been requested a few times is the ability to specify a
different display name for an app. On iOS this corresponds to
CFBundleDisplayName, on Android this is the Activity label, and on Windows
this is the DisplayName.

It turns out that the W3C Widgets/Packaged Apps spec that config.xml is
based on provides this feature via a `short` attribute on the <name>
element.

I've started a PR in cordova-lib[1] for supporting this, but I'm not
entirely sure how we're handling API additions to cordova-common and the
platform APIs in each of the platforms. Maybe it's not an issue as long as
we update the cordova-common dependency version in the platform's
package.json?

Also, since I have no experience with the Windows platform, someone might
need to give me some pointers there about where exactly the DisplayName
should be set.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/453