cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Why was device.name removed from the device-plugin?
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2016 02:35:36 GMT
I think this belongs in user community plugin

maybe a cordova-plugin-device-nickname

- Carlos Santana
@csantanapr

> On Jun 17, 2016, at 10:25 PM, Kerri Shotts <kerrishotts@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> -1 to using Bluetooth to get the device name. That would add an additional permission
(AFAICT) that is hard to justify to an end user, and which would be added to a good number
of Cordova apps intending only to use the device plugin to implement platform-specific features
or workarounds.
> I agree with Joe -- this is best in a separate plugin. That give the dev a choice if
they can justify the extra permission, and the potential headache that comes with arbitrary
device names (or lack thereof).