cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tommy Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CLI Templates
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 01:44:39 GMT
Yeah, I don’t really mean any more than what templates + create already do with config.xml.

Use case:

`cordova create mycoolapp —template=some-react-template`
cd mycoolapp
npm install
npm start

etc

The `some-react-template` by necessity will have a package.json with stuff in it (deps, npm scripts, etc) that the resulting created app will need in _its_ package.json.

However, with the new move to fetch and having all Cordova apps have a package.json (with cordoba-specific stuff in it), the resulting app will need the stuff that a newly created app gets + whatever the template needs to work/build/etc.

Does that make sense?

Stuff is a great word, just saying.