cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject Cordova CLI Telemetry results
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 11:28:36 GMT
Back in 6.2.0, we added telemetry for the Cordova CLI. We have data starting May 23. In the
spirit of being transparent about the data that we collect, I create a Cordova usage report
that is accessible to the public - https://datastudio.google.com/open/0B-Ja5cNOX_XLTElHdWd4V2NUem8.
This reports is live and automatically updates – just remember to change the date range
at the top.
Some facts

-          Cordova has 84K users on the CLI in the last month, and this number seems to be
increasing.

-          64% of people (in this 84K) turn off telemetry explicitly at the command line.

-          Node 4.4.5 is the most common, much more than its closest competition.

-          Windows is the most popular development platform.

-          USA, India, China and Brazil are the most popular geolocations, in that order
Are there other graphs that you think we should add?
P.S:  I have also asked Mefire about information like most frequently failing command, etc,
and will add those too.