cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Change Android Project Directory Structure to Android Studio style
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 22:03:02 GMT
This is an example - https://github.com/ConnectSDK/Connect-SDK-Cordova-Plugin. This actually
has a hook that downloads and places the source code based on the current directory structure.

On 5/17/16, 2:53 PM, "Richard Knoll" <riknoll@microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have a lot of plugin.xml elements that depend on the old file structure. Tags like
config-file, source-file, resource-file, etc. all have target elements that take arbitrary
paths to project files. Looking at the new project structure, it seems like most of the relevant
folders have moved around. Does your proposal handle that or do plugins need to update to
reflect the new structure? I figure there isn't much we can do for plugins that use hooks.

>Richard

are installed in the Android cordova scripts, but the cordova-common work abstracted all that
out and made that easier.  A user who hasn't tweaked their app shouldn't notice the difference.

>That said, the users who have may notice stuff, and I have no idea how Crosswalk would
work with this yet.  It'd be good to work with them once we have something more working.