cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Deprecating project.properties
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 22:43:18 GMT
Hey

After doing more exploratory work on migrating the Android project's
structure from the old Eclipse structure to the new Android Studio
structure, I realize that we're very heavily reliant on project.properties,
even though the build API level sub projects are now specified in the
build.gradle file of the application and that by default this file is now
ignored.

I'm wondering if we should be deprecating this file in the next major
version of Cordova-Android and whether we should instruct developers to
edit build.gradle, given that there's so much platform glue in it to allow
other users to specify environment variables.

What do people think?  Should we keep project.properties and force users to
change that to change the platform target, or should we allow for more
editing of the build.gradle file and delete a bunch of code.

Any thoughts?

Joe