cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Yet another Cordova-Android 6.0.x release thread, and another 5.x release soon
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 17:43:39 GMT
Hey

Since Google IO didn't really throw any new features at us, and since
Google hinted at Android N being released at the end of August, do people
think that aiming for a Cordova-Android 6.0.x release in September with the
following features makes sense:

* Android Studio project structure
* Android N Multi-Window Support
* Thread-Safe bridge by default
* Cordova-Android as a distributable APK

I know that we had an earlier thread about this, but now that IO is over,
we should probably ramp things up now that we know that we're not waiting
until November for a new version of Android to land.  The biggest change is
the Android Studio project structure, and everything else has been sitting
in branches for months ready to be merged in.

Also, I know a lot of people are waiting for the change to version numbers
where we don't magically generate version numbers for arch-neutral APKs as
well as other script changes to the build, so I think we should do another
Cordova release to address those issues soon.

Thoughts?

Joe