cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Change Android Project Directory Structure to Android Studio style
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 21:06:43 GMT
On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 2:01 PM, Parashuram N <panarasi@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> I think the proposal is great. Our gradle is pretty big, and it does make
> sense to just do the defaults.
> +1 (personally speaking) to this – will save soo much of my time as I
> depend on this for my react-native-cordova-plugin adapter. Your changes
> will make life so much easier ☺
>
> How do the plugins break? Will plugins have to make change? In a way, it
> may make sense to do this with big changes at Google I/O – that way, we
> just have 1 breaking change, and plugin authors have to look at the changes
> just once.

Ideally they shouldn't break, but I can't guarantee that.  I do have to
change how plugins are installed in the Android cordova scripts, but the
cordova-common work abstracted all that out and made that easier.  A user
who hasn't tweaked their app shouldn't notice the difference.

That said, the users who have may notice stuff, and I have no idea how
Crosswalk would work with this yet.  It'd be good to work with them once we
have something more working.