cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extended LTS version
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 17:33:04 GMT
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:19 AM, julio cesar sanchez <
jcesarmobile@gmail.com> wrote:

> But for the CLI? For each platform?
>
> I don't think it makes sense on iOS platform where a new iOS version is
> released every year and apple ends forcing to use latest SDK sooner or
> later, and on new releases some things are broken and people needs to
> update cordova-ios to make them work.
> Might make sense on android wher google allows you to use the sdk you want
> and things keep working in a "compatibility mode".

I don't think we have the resources to maintain a compatibility mode
version of Cordova for Android and a version that compiles against the edge
version.  Also, there's the whole problem with backporting security
vulnerabilities.  I know that a lot of people want things to just not
change ever, but that's completely unrealistic given that we have people
trying to attack Cordova-based applications.