cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CLI Templates
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 22:10:22 GMT
Sorry to bring up a old thread instead of starting a new one but I thought
the context might be relevant.

Currently, template pretty much copies over all of the files. I see this as
a problem.

Example [1]. When you add a template, its package.json gets copied into
your app. I don't think we want that to happen right?

Other files that are getting copied but shouldn't:
- RELEASENOTES.md
- README.md
- .git (if you do it locally or f
- NOTICE
- LICENSE
- COPYWRIGHT

Files we want:
- config.xml
- .gitignore
- .npmignore ?
- node_modules?
- platforms/plugins (if present)
- hooks
- merges

templates can provide additional info by setting a subdirectory in their
package.json for where the template files live.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-11344.

Thoughts?