cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Darryl Pogue <dar...@dpogue.ca>
Subject Re: proposal for new core plugin to control screen orientation
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 19:36:32 GMT
I think this is a good feature to have as a supported core plugin, but I
also worry about feature creep and endless bikeshedding like we see with
the statusbar plugin.

The originally linked plugin acts as a polyfill for the W3C spec[1]. This
new core plugin should do the same, and should ruthlessly defend that
stance:
*Any feature that falls outside the scope of a polyfill should not be
implemented, nor considered a bug against the plugin.* Instead it should be
filed as a bug on the W3C spec.

[1]: https://www.w3.org/TR/screen-orientation/