cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <>
Subject NPM v3 packaging issues
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 07:10:57 GMT
Hey, guys

We've just ran into issue, caused by NPM v3 flat directory structure. The issue is that NPM
does not pack sub-dependencies of bundled dependencies into resultant archive. This only affects
flatten dependency trees, but we already switched to that in platform repos.

As an example, we have 'elementtree' dependency in cordova-windows, which depends on 'sax'.
After running 'npm install' these dependencies installed as a siblings into 'node_modules',
but after running 'npm pack' (in particular - 'coho create-archive') the resultant .tgz contains
ONLY 'elementtree' but not 'sax'.

Related NPM issue is

AFAIK, the only solution for now is to revert 'node_modules' structure back to tree form.

Best regards, Vladimir