cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <>
Subject Re: Yet another Cordova-Android 6.0.x release thread, and another 5.x release soon
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 19:58:14 GMT
Why the Sept. date?

All these items depend on each other and will take until Sept. to get it implemented?

Each of them break APIs that required a major bump version?

Can we implement one first let's say June call it 6.0 and continue releasing each month or
as features get implemented 6.1, 6.2, etc. .

Which will be the first one that make most sense to implement? New Studio Project?

- Carlos

> On May 24, 2016, at 1:43 PM, Joe Bowser <> wrote:
> Hey
> Since Google IO didn't really throw any new features at us, and since
> Google hinted at Android N being released at the end of August, do people
> think that aiming for a Cordova-Android 6.0.x release in September with the
> following features makes sense:
> * Android Studio project structure
> * Android N Multi-Window Support
> * Thread-Safe bridge by default
> * Cordova-Android as a distributable APK
> I know that we had an earlier thread about this, but now that IO is over,
> we should probably ramp things up now that we know that we're not waiting
> until November for a new version of Android to land.  The biggest change is
> the Android Studio project structure, and everything else has been sitting
> in branches for months ready to be merged in.
> Also, I know a lot of people are waiting for the change to version numbers
> where we don't magically generate version numbers for arch-neutral APKs as
> well as other script changes to the build, so I think we should do another
> Cordova release to address those issues soon.
> Thoughts?
> Joe

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: