cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Urban <>
Subject Windows Phone, platform "Windows" and icon fonts
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:07:30 GMT
Hello cordova dev team,

I have an issue with Windows Phone 8.1, the "windows" platform and icon fonts. Since wp8 is
deprecated, I thought I'd better switch to platform "windows". This came to a grinding halt
because the icons are not rendered correctly. The issue first showed in Sencha Touch 2.4.2,
but I have made a minimal sample app to rule out Sencha Touch issues, which is available at

The cordova version currently installed on my computer is 6.1.1 with platforms windows 4.1.0
and wp8 3.8.2 (deprecated).

For this test I just compiled the wp8 and the windows version using

-          cordova build wp8 windows

then opened both solutions in Visual Studio 2015, set the "Windows Phone 8.1" in CordovaApp.sln
project as my default project, and deployed the two projects to my phone (Nokia Lumia 535,
Windows 8.10.14234.375).

*         In platform "wp8", the icon font is used to render the icons.

*         In platform "windows", a standard font is used (which looks really bad with icon
What should happen is that the icon font is used as well.

Kind regards,