cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing the AAR after the next release of Cordova
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2016 05:15:36 GMT
On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhilkh@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> This seems useful.
>
> I'm guessing publishing the AAR requires us to establish a release process
> for it? Are you planning to document the guidelines for releasing, signing,
> building & versioning of this?  Do you propose - every time cordova-android
> is released we well release AAR as well? Or this is an experiment and we
> will see download numbers before we go full throttle have this be a
> supported way to consume cordova-android as AAR.

Yes!

1. This will be an experiment
2. We will try to figure out how to release an AAR with the next release
3. I don't know why we shouldn't release an AAR of this.  If iOS already is
distributed via CocoaPods, why not have an AAR?
4. PhoneGap may release an AAR anyway, even if Cordova doesn't do this and
I'd like to see if Cordova do it first so it benefits everyone.

> So far we have only published node modules and all of our release process
> revolves around this and is well documented on cordova-coho repo.

I don't think having manual steps to release an AAR based on the tag that
we're voting on is going to be so cumbersome that we need to add it to
coho.  BTW: I think we should rely on coho less.

-Nikhil