cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why does the Dialogs plugin in inject itself into navigator and has no browser support?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 20:59:34 GMT
Notification pre-dates the use of plugin namespaces, most plugins
originally were hung off of navigator when a standard did not exist.
The notification plugin used to include things like displaying a loading
spinner, or vibrating the device, so it was much more about 'notifying'
than strictly dialogs.

The problem with alert on various platforms is it is not consistent. It
does not even exist on windows, it displays a title of 'index.html' on iOS,

The additions for browser are coming, or you could do it and send a pr ;)

Cheers,
  Jesse

@purplecabbage
risingj.com