cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Kerri Shotts <ke...@photokandy.com>
Subject Re: Users mailing list
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 16:31:28 GMT
Thought I'd throw in my 2¢ worth:

- If a user list is created, I'll gladly participate.

- Having a Cordova-branded user list could be useful from a "branding"
perspective. The Adobe Forums are "PhoneGap" branded, and the Google Group
is named "phonegap" (although the welcome text makes clear that it is for
both environments). Personally, I don't have a problem with the difference
in branding, but for newcomers, I'm sure it raises a few questions ("why am
I going to a phonegap group for a cordova question?").

- As for the blog, as much as I like that the announcements show up there,
not everyone is into feed readers (for whatever reason. I'm not one of of
them -- I'm a feedly addict). For those who prefer email subscriptions, a
user list for announcements would be handy.

- Google Group is still going, but activity is falling off as people
discover the Adobe Forums. The group may need to become r/o at some point
in the future, especially if use declines to next-to-nothing.

- Getting people to read is always the catch -- they just don't. Sometimes
I'm guilty of the same. Human nature, I suspect!

​~ Kerri​

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 9:26 AM, julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmobile@gmail.com