cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject Roadmap for next few weeks - Microsoft - April Edition
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 18:46:00 GMT
Hey folks,

Last month, we sent out a list of things that the team at Microsoft was working on, for the
Apache Cordova project. You can find that list here - http://apache.markmail.org/thread/lqvfduev3ib2ob62

We made a lot of progress, and I wanted to keep up the cadence, telling people what we plan
to work on. I am hoping that with this list available, folks can tell us if there are interesting
things we should look at, or even better – join us on working on all the fun stuff.

From last week
============
Last week, most of our focus was on making documentation better. We made some good progress
on that, and now have an improved look for the documentation. We also started adding much
more detailed examples to our plugins so that anyone getting started with plugins could simply
copy the examples and see them in action.
We worked on the splash screen and camera bugs, and have closed a large number. Many folks
told us that plugins bugs are a cause of concern, and we would like to cause a dent in that
bug debt.

In the near Future
===============
Cordova’s power it its community and I think that we would like to encourage more people
in making Cordova better. We are looking at building a system to run tests when someone submits
a PR – a method that most open source projects follow to easily respond to pull request.
We would like to continue fixing bugs on Camera plugins.
We would also like to switch gears a little bit an focus on the phonegap barcode scanner plugin,
and the phonegap push plugin. Typically, we are looking to add features like background support
for Windows in the push plugin, android M support in Barcode scanner, etc. While these plugins
are not core Cordova plugins, these are super popular and people have even asked that they
be core plugins !
We would also like to work on things like Plugin compatibility when folks update their platforms,
etc.

P.S: Please do let us know if these emails from us are useful and if we should continue sending
them. Would also love to hear what you fine folks are working on, in the near future :)