cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Dhamija <>
Subject Grunt build and install taking too long after adding cordova plugin
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 13:06:18 GMT
In order to support push notification in my hybrid application, I added phonegap-plugin-push.
But after adding this plugin, the application build process takes more than 20 minutes! (10
for build and 10 for serve)

Here are the steps:

1.    HYPERLINK ""Scaffold
a Hybrid Mobile Application with Yeoman took blank template, yo oraclejet:hybrid app --appName="Sample
NavBar" --template=blank --platforms=android

2.    Build a Hybrid Mobile Application with Grunt (it will get build in 20 seconds)

3.    Add phonegap-plugin-push plugin, here are the steps I followed:

a. Change directory to project folder/hybrid

b. Ran following command: cordova plugin add phonegap-plugin-push --variable SENDER_ID="rdh-np"

4.    Build the application again : It now took 10 minutes to build the project. grunt build

5.    Install the application on android emulator, the process again takes 10 minutes to serve

grunt serve --platform=android --disableLiveReload=true

Following are the configuration details:

.         Windows 7 x64

.         Cordova version: 6.1.1

.         Java version: 1.8.0_77

.         Cordova platform version android: 5.1.1

.         Android SDK Platform-tools: 23.1.0

It will be painful if it takes so much time each time I build/install the application. Has
some one encountered this issue before OR I am missing something while adding the plugin?