cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject Roadmap for next few weeks - March Edition
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 06:23:45 GMT
During the last Cordova face to face meeting in Oct 2015, one of the agenda items was to talk
about defining a roadmap for Cordova. Till we have a formal roadmap for the project, I thought
it would be interesting to let the mailing list know about what we, at Microsoft, plan to
work on, for the next few weeks.
We generally are looking to pick up “themes” that would make Apache Cordova better. If
these areas sound interesting to you, please do join us and we could divide up the tasks.
If you still an early contributor and are looking for an area to pick up, we could help there
too !!

Past 4 weeks –

Last year, we had put out a survey on the Cordova website, asking people for inputs on where
we could improve Cordova. A lot of folks said that Cordova documentation should be improved
and that is what we worked on, during the last month. We helped with validating the documentation
content and removing incorrect content. We also had a good discussion on the mailing list
and now have a much better organization of our documents. I hope that this push would make
Cordova easier to use and understand.

Next 4 weeks -

We would like to add better syntax highlighting to our documentation and continue working
on refining the styling and general UI of the documentation.
Another area that we see a lot of our users talk about is bugs in plugins. Over the next few
weeks, we plan to focus our efforts on bugs. The Splashscreen plugin, camera and file plugins
are pretty popular and we would like to triage and fix important JIRA bugs for those plugins.
We would also want to add appium support for better test coverage and improve paramedic for
CI and plugin user testing.
We are also exploring ideas on improving our test coverage on cordova-lib and the platforms
to prevent regressions.

--

If you think that this information is interesting, please respond to this thread and I can
continue sending regular updates. Would be even more awesome if you have plans on working