cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Need a solution to config.xml and AndroidManifest.xml feature requests
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 17:07:10 GMT
Hey

So, if you've been paying attention to the JIRA, we've been getting slammed
with a ton of feature requests/bugs regarding the Android Manifest where
people want to add a 1:1 mapping between the two XML files.

The thing is that it's getting out of control, and we need to find a better
solution to this problem.  I'm not sure what a better solution to this is,
but if you want to see some of the issues that are related to this, here's
a small list:

All of these are either indirectly or directly related to the
AndroidManifest, and it's clear that if we just allowed people to edit an
AndroidManifest, or at least allow portions of it to be immutable, we would
be better off.  Obviously, plugins that install third-party activities and
content providers would have to edit the manifest, but I think that things
are getting out of hand with the things that people want to control from
config.xml.

What do people think? Does anyone have a good solution to this problem? Are
we really abstracting anything out by duplicating the same config in our
own config.xml?