cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Can we please kill the Battery Plugin on Android
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 20:12:36 GMT
Hey

Once again, I ran into someone using the Battery Plugin that actively kills
the Battery on Android, and can we please discourage people from using this
very broken plugin that we have no ability or intention of fixing?

The reason I don't want to fix it because the browser already supports it
on the latest versions of Chromium, and because it's impossible to fix
without changing the API entirely.  We really need to kick this harmful
plugin to the curb so that people stop making applications that drain the
battery of their devices.

I know that we've talked about it at length, but I don't ever remember us
coming to a conclusion regarding killing the battery plugin on Android.

Any thoughts?

Joe