cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] 'cordova platform update' alias for rm, add in cordova-ios
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 23:10:29 GMT
For Android, Joe brought up some real concerns. People not using build.json
for releasing end up updating files within the android platform itself.
Changes people might make to gradle files would get wiped out. People who
copy 9patch files into their android projects.

Some of these can be handled by telling people to use after_install hooks
to move files over or making some of these changes first class in cordova.

Might be best to leave Android the way it is for now. +1 to moving forward
with iOS making this change. Other platforms that feel comfortable treating
platforms as artifacts (the dream!) and want to make this change, post it
here!