cordova-dev mailing list archives

From julio cesar sanchez <>
Subject [DISCUSS] another problem with in-call status bar on iOS (inAppBrowser)
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 09:42:54 GMT
I've been looking into this issue

The problem is that the inAppBrowser creates a "fake" statusbar using a
toolbar so the statusbar seems opaque. That toolbar is created with the
size of the statusbar, and when the in-call statusbar is present it's 40
points instead of 20 points, and when the in-call statusbar is present, the
app is pushed 20 points down so we see the remaining 20 points of that

Hardcoding it to 20 points in a few places fix the issue, but there is a
comment on the code

*The height of it could be hardcoded as 20 pixels, but that would assume
that the upcoming releases of iOS won't change that value.*

So what can we do? hardcode it and hope it doesn't change in the future?
Any other idea to fix this without hardcoding?