cordova-dev mailing list archives

From julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Curating Apps
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 14:53:26 GMT
I meant rejecting because it was an old PR and it was rejected now.

But even if there is no button, people can still send PRs. It's less
likely, but still possible. And as most of the topic here was about apps, I
wanted to know if we have an official statement for tools.

So, if I review this tool now and find it useful, I should open a vote
thread before adding it, right? Should it get 3 positive votes as releases?

> Julio "rejecting" sounds so harsh
>
> Since we removed the "add app" and "add tool" from the webpage, there is no
> process to submit something to be accepted or rejected
>
> I think right now my opinion is that a PMC member would need to do the leg
> work to review, propose something to be added, and do the work of adding
> it. PMC members always look out for the best interest of the project, but
> as always we have lazy consensus it should bring up to other PMC members to
> see if any would vote -1 for any good reason to no accept the content to be
> added.
>
> Like I said this is only my opinion of one way of getting something added
> to tools or apps on the website.
>

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 9:38 AM julio cesar sanchez <
> jcesarmobile@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I bring the topic back again because recently a tool was rejected and the
> > author mailed us asking (and we have not answered him yet)
> >
> > So, are we rejecting tools too?
> >
> > The original topic was "[DISCUSS] Curating Apps" and all the messages
> were
> > about apps, except this one from Steve that mentions removing "add a
> tool"
> > and "add a plugin"
> >
> > "YES! Removing the "add a tool" and "add a plugin" is the best way to go.
> > Those PRs require way to much management. Leave it up to PMC to nominate
> > apps."

> > > Sure, I’m also down for removing the “add your app” option. Switching
> > > putting apps up only at our own discretion makes sense. My only concern
> > is
> > > that I personally haven’t tried out many Cordova apps, so I would
> expect
> > us
> > > to have a shortage of apps this way. But if other PMC members have apps
> > > suggest, then we should be good.
> > >
> > > To move forward with Carlos’ proposal, we ought to:
> > > - curate the existing list
> > > - have someone explain the change of policy to the PRs still open
> > >
> > > Any takers for those two tasks?
> > >
> > > Kindly,
> > > Dmitry

> > go.
> > nominate

> > > nikhilkh@microsoft.com>

> > will
> > > not
> has
> > > been

points:

> that

> rsalva@microsoft.com
> > >:

> demonstrate
> > agree
> > we
> > throng

> Thus,
App
> > but
> > > better

Which

Studio

Apps and
> not
> has

> > reason

> > panarasi@microsoft.com

> > One
> fast
> languages.

> like

It
> > from
> > > apps.

cheap ads for

> the

curated on the site

> with

> >:

> > https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=PhoneGap.com&
> > %7cb4e7e06a004e46a8f7fc08
> > > >>>>>>>>
> d2dc0b5159%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=xLExNR7j
gets >20
> submissions
30 of the android

the app, is it
> > adult?
we don't want to

> > https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2f
> > %2fapp%2fandroid%2fpage30%2f&data=01%7c01%7cnikhilkh
> > %7cb4e7e06a004e46a8f7fc08d2dc0b5159%7c72f988bf86
> > > >>>>>>>>
> f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=nb0SdGVESw8oFtNdQxYNRoOL1bKT7vf

> > https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=risingj.com&d
> > %7cb4e7e06a004e46a8f7fc08d
> > > >>>>>>>>
> 2dc0b5159%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=706mqaB8n

content:
OK to show on our page

display:
from their respective
randomly OR

cesar sanchez <

accepted and displayed,

> > https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=phonegap.com&data=0
> > %7cb6348c11e8b944fe70cf08d2d66f7669%7
> > > >>>
> > c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=eDhU2NWipwMST6Kvu%2bxGRZVs
first page

<
> tommy@devgeeks.org
> > >: