cordova-dev mailing list archives

From julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmob...@gmail.com>
Subject [iOS][statusbar plugin] How is StatusBarOverlaysWebView supposed to work?
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2016 20:01:06 GMT
Yesterday I closed an issue because I think the plugin is working as
expected, but the user reopened it saying that I'm wrong, so I want to know
if it really works as expected or if only I expect it to work the way it
works.
The issue is this one: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-10796

He is using the default value:
<preference name="StatusBarOverlaysWebView" value="true" />

That means the webview has the full screen size and the statusbar overlays
it.
I think we can all agree on that.

The problem appears when the in-call or hotspot status bar appears as it
has 40 point height on iPhones.

The user thinks that the webview should be pushed 20 points down (not 40)
because that's how it works when the plugin isn't installed or he uses
1.0.1 version of the plugin.

I think it shouldn't be pushed as StatusBarOverlaysWebView is true, so the
webview should be full screen, it doesn't matter if the statusbar is 20 or
40 points.

So, what should happen?

1. The webview is pushed 20 points down as the user wants
2. The webview ins't pushed down and remains full screen as I think it
should work.
3. The webview is pushed 40 points down as the statusbar is 40 points (I
think most native apps do this)

If using StatusBarOverlaysWebView false the webview is pushed 20 points
down so the app is not hidden under the statusbar, or 40 points if the
in-call or hotspot statusbar is present