cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <>
Subject Re: [RELEASES] blog post or - report of releases
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 05:02:55 GMT
I realize the form process only works in reporting
one release at a time, and if you do a big plugins release, it is

To save your sanity I don't expect you to do this for all plugins
(unless you want to of course) -- I can enter all of them once a
quarter, but I need to have the blog posts as reference when I do the

Also, I may do some scripting and processing of the info from here: (it's the
cordova-dist when you do a release) so it can generate it all for me,
easy peasy.... it's canonical anyway rather than the blog posts.

The blog posts do serve a purpose however -- even a patch release may
have fixed a major issue, and any issues with that with the community
are relevant for the report (i.e. "This patch release fixed a major
flaw in our software for our users -- the last release was deleting
their Documents directory inadvertently and has caused a lot of damage
not only to people's hard drives, but to the project's reputation.
This fix took two months to test and release, and that has increased
mailing list participation 20x from last quarter.")

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Shazron <> wrote:
> Can everyone doing releases either be consistent in having a blog post
> for it, or even better, actually posting your release as noted here:
> Apache even emails you about it when you post the release in SVN,
> which is an email I reckon most of you don't notice.
> Not everyone does it, which is fine, I can do it once a quarter -- the
> important step is reporting in -- I see which
> items are missing, check the blog posts, and add it to
> for my tracking. What I find not acceptable is if
> the release exists as a tweet *only*, and that I can't track
> (especially 3 months on).
> I need to gather all this info for the quarterly report. This step is
> to help me (and by extension, all of us, in analyzing project health),
> and is not an Apache requirement. Thanks everyone.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message