cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject Pinned plugins and releases
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 05:57:22 GMT
I think pinning plugins in the CLI is causing a bunch of confusion (see CB-10677) as cordova
plugin add might not get you the latest released plugin. This is a change in behavior - perhaps
- we should log when the plugin is different from the latest released version. Also, there
is an issue with our release strategy - should we change our policy to release TOOLS with
every minor plugin release bump in addition to platform release?

With new plugin version constraint matching behavior implemented as part of this PR: https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/363
. Is there still a use case for pinning core plugins in package.json? Presumably, we could
specify the constraints for a new plugin release and plugins will be "effectively" pinned.

Thanks,
Nikhil
My team is hiring.