cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Adding Examples for Plugins in the ReadMe
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 21:58:52 GMT
I agree that we should not call these tests yet - they are just showcases/examples. Let me
ask if the folks contributing the example are ok with contributing them to an Apache repo.
The only hesitation they may have is that some of these examples may include services from
a specific company, that may not make sense for adding to the Apache repo.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse [mailto:purplecabbage@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 10:31 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding Examples for Plugins in the ReadMe

Calling these 'tests' to me is way out of scope, and very easily broken.

Adding a demo project to a plugin makes sense from both a development perspective AND a demonstration
perspective. When developing, you need something to actually exercise the api you are writing,
so putting this in the repo makes sense because it also allows someone else to use it to augment
the apis, and provides a simple demonstration of the apis in use.

If you find yourself writing a demo/example that involves several plugins, then I would recommend
we put all of those in a new repo: demos, examples, recipes, ...

@purplecabbage
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=risingj.com&data=01%7c01%7cpanarasi%40microsoft.com%7c3648ba39e890472fa5b808d357f7f5c1%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=ZzCCjFTzOeyaPPvizeN3rZUSED706mcbi7qPL4xUYCo%3d