cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Inclusion of Evothings Studio on https://cordova.apache.org/
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 22:09:01 GMT
Hey,

While the discussion on including additional tools is still happening on the mailing list,
I had a quick question about the Evothings Studio. I was looking at the website and it was
not clear if the tool is based on Cordova/Phonegap.
Is Evothiongs based on Cordova and are the device APIs based on Apache Cordova ?

The purpose of the tooling showcase is to show off the various Cordova development tools,
and it would be helpful if you could also tell us how Cordova is used. Maybe we should add
that as a part of the description in the pull request ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikael Kindborg [mailto:mikael.kindborg@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:15 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Inclusion of Evothings Studio on https://cordova.apache.org/

Hi everyone on the Cordova Project,

We got reject for our pull request to include Evothings Studio in the listing of Cordova Tools
on https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%2f%2fcordova.apache.org%2f&data=01%7c01%7cpanarasi%40microsoft.com%7cf83708e8019a4c60331a08d354d2e319%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=aXHnr%2bw7ivaSmJyaN8yLTa9LsDZASBhw1WU8M416qz8%3d

See this comment in the pull request:

https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/pull/410#issuecomment-198858128

Note that Evothings Studio is not a Cordova Showcase App, but a tool for developing apps for
Apache Cordova.

Are you also rejecting new tools? Evothings Studio is a very useful tool for Cordova developers,
in particular for development of IoT apps. It is 100% Cordova compatible, no lock-in or dependencies,
an Evothings project is fully compatible with Cordova.

I think the Cordova developer community would appreciate this tool.

Best regards, Mikael Kindborg