cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject Adding Examples for Plugins in the ReadMe
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 21:47:58 GMT
Hey folks,

At the moment, the sample code in our plugins is limited to only show basic usage of the API.
While this is great for someone who has already written Cordova projects, I believe that we
may need more examples for folks who are just getting started with Cordova.
To improve our documentation, Norm has sent out a pull request with additional examples that
show the typical use cases for the plugins - https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-geolocation/pull/74/files

This PR is the first in a set of work that we would like to do, to improve documentation for
plugins. A few questions to the community about this direction

1.       Is it ok to include this as a part of the README ? That would increase the visibility
of the examples much more. We could have a "REFERENCE" section that is for quick reference,
and then this set of detailed examples showing how the plugins work. Anyone have objections
to that ? Note that the README would be longer, but I think that should be ok. Also note that
the README is imported into the Cordova docs, so these examples will also show up there

2.       Some of the example have links to full projects that use the plugin. We did not find
a place on the Apache github organization to put it all up, so they currently reside in a
Microsoft-github organization. Is that ok ? Is there a place to put full fledged Cordova samples
on the Apache repos ?