cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Curating Apps
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 22:00:01 GMT
I think it would not be fair to say "submissions now closed", since we had never initially
mentioned such a timeframe for submitting apps. The question is, if more folks submit apps,
what is the policy on accepting them ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitry Blotsky []
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Curating Apps

I put apps and tools in the same bucket when it came to adding them to the site. I interpreted
our last discussion as, “we’ve gotten enough; close the submissions now”. If we’re
cool to still add this tool, then let’s just add it.

On Mar 29, 2016, at 7:53 AM, julio cesar sanchez <<>>

I meant rejecting because it was an old PR and it was rejected now.

But even if there is no button, people can still send PRs. It's less likely, but still possible.
And as most of the topic here was about apps, I wanted to know if we have an official statement
for tools.

So, if I review this tool now and find it useful, I should open a vote thread before adding
it, right? Should it get 3 positive votes as releases?

Julio "rejecting" sounds so harsh

Since we removed the "add app" and "add tool" from the webpage, there is no process to submit
something to be accepted or rejected

I think right now my opinion is that a PMC member would need to do the leg work to review,
propose something to be added, and do the work of adding it. PMC members always look out for
the best interest of the project, but as always we have lazy consensus it should bring up
to other PMC members to see if any would vote -1 for any good reason to no accept the content
to be added.

Like I said this is only my opinion of one way of getting something added to tools or apps
on the website.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 9:38 AM julio cesar sanchez <<>>

I bring the topic back again because recently a tool was rejected and the author mailed us
asking (and we have not answered him yet)

So, are we rejecting tools too?

The original topic was "[DISCUSS] Curating Apps" and all the messages were about apps, except
this one from Steve that mentions removing "add a tool"
and "add a plugin"

"YES! Removing the "add a tool" and "add a plugin" is the best way to go.
Those PRs require way to much management. Leave it up to PMC to nominate apps."

Sure, I’m also down for removing the “add your app” option. Switching to putting apps
up only at our own discretion makes sense. My only concern is that I personally haven’t
tried out many Cordova apps, so I would expect us to have a shortage of apps this way. But
if other PMC members have apps to suggest, then we should be good.

To move forward with Carlos’ proposal, we ought to:
- curate the existing list
- have someone explain the change of policy to the PRs still open

Any takers for those two tasks?

On Oct 23, 2015, at 6:01 PM, Steven Gill <<>>

YES! Removing the "add a tool" and "add a plugin" is the best way to go.
Those PRs require way to much management. Leave it up to PMC to nominate apps.

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Nikhil Khandelwal <<>>

I like Carlos' proposal. Reviewing PRs for these apps and judging by whatever criteria we
finally decide (however objective/subjective) will not be worth our time. The volume of PRs
over the last couple of weeks has been quite significant in this area.

At the end of the day, we just need 5-10 showcase apps.