cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Polivy <...@cellartracker.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] browserify not pulling correct platform cordova-js-src
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 22:10:21 GMT
Hi folks,

I've recently updated my projects to the latest platform releases to pick up some specific
fixes in the platform JS (android@5.1.1 and ios@4.1.0). I'm using the browserify option, and
have been trying to figure out why the browserify output is NOT including those fixes in the
final compiled cordova.js. After doing some digging, it seems that by default (with cordova@6.0.0)
the cordova-js/tasks/lib/bundle-browserify.js code is pulling from the global npm repository
instead of the actual project root:

\\AppData\\Roaming\\npm\\node_modules\\cordova\\node_modules\\cordova-lib\\node_modules\\cordova-js\\src\\

Instead of

\\platforms\\android\\platform_www\\cordova-js-src\\

As a result, the compiled cordova.js has the right PLATFORM_VERSION_BUILD_LABEL, but the wrong
contents. It seems this is fixed by this commit:

https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/commit/28e8b33f6bb84b3e056cf71600e3c4719139061f

I was going to file a bug on this, but since it is already resolved, I figured I would just
raise it here and confirm 1) the "fixed" behavior is correct, and 2) when would this fix make
it out into the wild? Hopefully this doesn't bite too many others in the meantime!

Dan