cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] CB-8976, CB-8453 and is there anyone building multiple APKs
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 19:05:17 GMT
Hey

Based on the feedback on those two issues, and other places, I think that
most hated change from Cordova-Android 4.0 that we didn't fix in
Cordova-Android 5.0 was the fact that we have an undocumented way of
generating an arbitrary build number that makes absolutely no sense.
Furthermore, this screws up people's automated builds, and can cause the
version code to reach MAX_INT.

If you want to know why nobody has touched it until now, it's because
everyone hates working with Gradle.  I can say the exact same thing about
why we're not using ProGuard.

Now, I'm starting on my flensing of the gradle files that we have in here,
trying to figure out what we can rip out and I'm wondering if anyone is
actually using the multiple APK generation before I remove it. If people
are, I'm going to have to figure out another way for this to happen,
because this is definitely breaking people's applications, and using random
hooks isn't a good answer.

So, is anyone using this, or can this feature die!

Joe