cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Update to starter template
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 03:25:56 GMT
Why do you think that binding is required after "deviceready" ?

Attaching before "deviceready" fires is still supported for events like
resume, pause, offline, online, etc.. At least that's always being my
impression for a long time

The only thing I would think it could be a potential confusion that would
benefit to attached after "deviceready" is that if there is an "online" or
"offline" event fire by webview [1], [2] and not plugin those handlers will
fire but will not be from the network plugin.

One thing I like thought about the PR is making index.js less verbose and
simpler to follow +1

[1]: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Events/offline
[2]: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Events/online