cordova-dev mailing list archives

From julio cesar sanchez <>
Subject Re: [Android] CB-10625 Google Photos update breaks Camera's Gallery API
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 09:22:19 GMT
I already answered on CB-10625

When android 4.4 broke input type file support I wrote a plugin at work to
use a file picker instead.

For google Photos I use this code:

if (isGooglePhotosUri(uri))
                return uri.getLastPathSegment();

Where isGooglePhotosUri is

public static boolean isGooglePhotosUri(Uri uri) {
    return "".equals(uri.getAuthority());

I tried it on the camera plugin and worked.

The plugin is based on this android library

The relevant class is