cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <>
Subject RE: package discovery
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 20:22:29 GMT
I like the idea. However, currently plugins are being identified with "ecosystem:cordova" keyword.
We might have to maintain that for all plugins that do not switch to these new keyword below.

For "tool" there is at least one example of a tool which currently shows up in plugin search:

So let's add the keyword anyway.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Gill []
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2016 11:52 AM
Subject: package discovery

Hey everyone!

With templates out now, I wanted to propose a few keywords for improving discoverability.

Firstly, every package should contain 'ecosystem:cordova'.

I suggest we add these new keywords.
'cordova-tool' (don't really need this one)

then we can eventually create a new
search site based off the plugins search site that uses the 'cordova:template'.

I'm going to blog about templates next week as long as we can land some consensus on this.
View raw message