cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram N <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Update to starter template
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:36:03 GMT
While working on documentation about events for Cordova, we noticed that in our Cordova starter
template [1] seems to suggest that we bind events like “offline” and “online” alongside
the “deviceready” event. As I understand, the “offline” and “online” events are
something that the NetworkInformation plugin provides, and thus should only be bound after
cordova-js has been initialized.
Here [2] is a change where we only bind “deviceready” first, and then recommend binding
all events when the handler for “deviceready” is called.
Do you folks think this is a good change ? Here [3] is the JIRA for it.

[1] Cordova Started template -  https://github.com/apache/cordova-app-hello-world/
[2] Pull request with change to starter template - https://github.com/apache/cordova-app-hello-world/pull/15/files
[3] JIRA for PR with change to starter template - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-10522