cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Posener <rposen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Cordova Style Guide
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 01:44:43 GMT
Gerday, Dmitry,
I'm a bit of a documentation pedant.
I have been "monitoring" Cordova development for a few months now, with the
initial intent of wanting to contribute to improving the documentation (and
then, perhaps to contributing to the code base).
The thing that has struck me in this time is that there appears to be NO
documentation style standards.  Yes, the documents you reference go some of
the way towards what I am looking for but they could be a lot better (eg,
is it "E.g.,", "eg,", "e.g.,", is it "Cordova" or "cordova", is it
"database" or "data base", do you put a comma before the "and" in the last
of a list of comma separated items (eg, is it "a, b, c, and d" or is it "a,
b, c and d"), do we employ USA-English or UK-English (or both), etc).
Further, it appears that some contributors "pick up" others with their code
style standard breaches (I have seen "please insert a space here", "please
lint this", etc), but I rarely see anyone picking up documentation style
standards beaches.
Without letting my ego get in the way, I'm happy to contribute a suggested
list of style standards (that I use when developing Android and Windows
apps using Cordova) as well as acting in a Quality Assurance role with the
documentation.
As you probably know, the Cordova documentation is quite regularly
critcised all over the web.  Rather than be just another one of these
criicisers, I'm happy "to put my time where my mouth is" and contribute.  I
(and others) believe we can do a lot better here.  What do you think?

Rob

Regards
*Rob Posener*
0419 012 627