cordova-dev mailing list archives

From julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: geolocation getCurrentPosition and disabled location services
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 11:34:10 GMT
Hi.

The dialog you talk about is shown by the system when you try use the
CLLocationManager startUpdatingLocation and the permissions are off.
The way the geolocation plugin is built, it checks the permissions first,
and if they are off it doesn't call the CLLocationManager
startUpdatingLocation.
You can send a feature request on http://issues.cordova.io/ asking for a
new feature on the geolocation plugin to force the use of the
CLLocationManager startUpdatingLocation even if the permissions are off,
that should show the message you want (didn't try).