cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Android@5.1.0
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 18:13:14 GMT
If this is a regression in behavior and CrossWalk will not work out of the box - we should
consider fixing it. Sounds like it is a simple fix. Is there a JIRA for this?

Overall, we shouldn't require/expect Cordova JS developers to modify gradle files.

-Nikhil

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos Santana [mailto:csantana23@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:00 AM
To: dev <dev@cordova.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Android@5.1.0

What you guys think of making MIN SDK VER 15 instead of 14 as the default for this Android@5.1.0
?

We have a couple of plugins that required minsdk 15 [1], I also see that phonegap push plugin
have problems with min sdk 14 here [2]

Instead of anoying user with readme instructions to change it to 15, why not make the default
15, this way more stuff would work out of the box with less trouble.
I guess if there is someone for a particular reason wants minsdk 14, they can change the default
the same way as today using config.xml

[1]:
https://github.com/ibm-bluemix-mobile-services/bms-clientsdk-cordova-plugin-push/blob/master/README.md
[2]:
https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugin-push/blob/master/docs/INSTALLATION.md#minsdkversion--14

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 6:38 PM Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think the gradle build issue should block the release, as
> annoying as it is, the workaround is literally adding a
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=gradle.properties&data=01%7c01%7cnikhilkh%40microsoft.com%7c08ad0056c7e24290e0e508d320f2060f%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=Ifi7afmy86ZZTmwxUjkWa7guies16P67hnK7hD%2b4hSs%3d
file with a single line.

> As far as who owns it, I think Cordova should probably own that, but
> are there any other plugins that need NDK support?
>
> (I just ran into this less than an hour ago. It's annoying that Google
> deprecates something without something else to replace it.)
>
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Darryl Pogue <darryl@dpogue.ca> wrote:
>
> > With cordova-android master, the Crosswalk Webview plugin fails to
> > build because gradle was updated and now NDK support has been removed.
> >
> > It can be re-enabled by providing a
> > https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=gradle.properties
> > &data=01%7c01%7cnikhilkh%40microsoft.com%7c08ad0056c7e24290e0e508d320f2060f%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=Ifi7afmy86ZZTmwxUjkWa7guies16P67hnK7hD%2b4hSs%3d
file, but I'm not sure whether that should be the responsibility of Cordova-Android or the
Crosswalk Webview plugin.