cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Cordova Style Guide
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 02:08:49 GMT
I appreciate your enthusiasm. Cordova docs need a lot of improvement. We did a survey in October
and 70% of negative comments focused on problems with our docs.

Committers at Microsoft are pushing hard to improve the Cordova docs - but we need a lot of
help from the community. We are using a JIRA Kanban board [1] that we are using to track documentation
tasks/bugs. This captures all the work referenced in creating a new information architecture
for our docs [2].

There are a number of ways to help in this effort:
- Pick one of the JIRA bug/task to improve the current docs. Start small - any help here would
be fantastic!
- Review doc updates for styling etc. issues. PRs are filed against cordova-docs repo [3].
- File JIRAs for issues that you find in current docs.
- Identify high priority topics that are currently missing and need to be added.
- Help organize document scrubs within the community.

It's critical for a dev platform to have good docs and our goal is to make that happen for
Cordova in the upcoming months.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan J. Salva []
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:54 PM
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] Cordova Style Guide

Any contributions you can provide would be most welcome... especially if you can help us apply
that style guide to existing docs. We're making a big push to improve the documentation this
year, but it's hard work and often gets prioritized below things like bug fixes to the actual

It all starts with a pull request :-)