cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Knoll <rikn...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Core Plugins and Android API 23
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 01:42:37 GMT
Hey all,

This change has been merged into the file, camera, geolocation, and contacts plugins (media
did not actually require any change). I was able to build and run mobilespec on cordova-android
4.0.0 and cordova-android's master. We should probably push for a plugins release soon, since
there are also some major bug fixes to the contacts and camera plugins that were recently
pushed.

Thanks,
Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikhil Khandelwal [mailto:nikhilkh@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2016 12:12 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] Core Plugins and Android API 23

We had a good discussion about this offline with Joe, Simon, Steve, Jesse, Parashu and Jason.
We came to the following agreement:
This is a temporary fix to the plugins which we need to take to ensure Cordova 5.x tools behavior
of using the edge plugins does not break for our users. We will pursue the change for all
the affected plugins. This will go out in the next PLUGINS release which will happen before
the Cordova 6.0 release. Since this a temporary fix, we aim to remove it in 6 months (giving
reasonable time for our user base to move to Cordova 6.x+ which will have a better plugin
version pinning mechanism).

Thanks,
Nikhil