cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <v-vlk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Purpose of pre_package hook for windows
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:26:38 GMT
So, the only problem here is when plugin (or user) decides to modify www files, they won't
be BOMed by platform. This can be workarounded by moving 'add_bom' logic from prepare to build
in PlatformApi for Windows. This way BOM will still be added _after_ 'pre_package'.

Regarding the fact that
> There is also the browserify code executed after the pre_package hook
I'd say that browserify is executed _before 'after_prepare'_ hook, because other platforms
don't have 'pre_package'. If there is a strong necessity for doing something at this moment
systematically for all platforms, I'd prefer have something like 'before_browserify' for that.

So the proposed plan is:
1. Do not touch 'pre_package' if 'old' platform is used (via PlatformApi polyfill)
2. If the 'new' platform is used, 'pre_package' doesn't emitted by platform, so we need to
emit it manually (right before 'after_prepare' - to keep the order of hooks unchanged)
3. Move bomify from prepare to build in Windows PlatformApi, so www sources will be not-yet-bomified
in 'pre_package'
4. Add a notice about 'pre_package' deprecation and removal to HookRunner

Any thoughts on this?

-
Best regards, Vladimir