cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <v-vlk...@microsoft.com>
Subject Purpose of pre_package hook for windows
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 19:53:05 GMT
Hi, guys.

Could anyone please shed some light on the subject?

Looking into PR for 'nohooks' option [1] I realized that we have a logic in Windows/wp8 parsers
that fires a hooks, specific for these particular platforms. I see 2 problems with this:

1.       This doesn't fits well into the concept of PlatformApi

2.       The original purpose of the hook is now lost. It was intended to be fired in the
middle of prepare [2], to allow to modify www folder before it will be packed into app package,
but now  it get fired right before the end of platform preparation, and hence almost equal
to 'after_prepare'.

So the question is, should we still have these hooks in new windows platform? Or we can just
move it into LIB and fire just after the prepare and only for windows/wp8?

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/353
[2] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/commit/bd2c667e947b3fda05541e0d1a124d23df60a132
Best regards, Vladimir