cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "So, Byoungro" <>
Subject RE: Purpose of pre_package hook for windows
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 00:59:24 GMT
There are still some codes executed between pre_package and before_compile.
On windows and wp8 platforms, BOM is inserted for text files.
There is also the browserify code executed after the pre_package hook.
So, we better double-check if we can replace pre_package with before_compile hooks.

Byoungro So
SSG / DPD / Mobile Computing and Compilers
Intel Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon) []
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:21 AM
Subject: RE: Purpose of pre_package hook for windows

Hi guys, the pre_package hook was added before I've started working on new hook model so I
don't know much details about its original purpose.

There are still plugins[1] on github which reply on it, but not much.  I think pre_package
is identical to before_compile so this should be an easy fix. So probably we can just make
pre_package to be an alias for before_compile and deprecate/remove it after some time.