cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Sorokin (Akvelon)" <>
Subject RE: Running tests
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2015 14:37:53 GMT
Hi Sean,

You'll need cordova-plugin-test-framework to run plugin tests.
We also have a "mobile spec" tool which can be used to create a test app:

You can create test app which will include the tests for inappbrowser plugin and Android platform
using the following command:

node cordova-mobile-spec/createmobilespec/createmobilespec.js mobilespec --android --plugins

Then just "cd mobilespec" and "cordova run".

Please note that the inappbrowser plugin doesn't have automated tests so you can run only
manual ones.

Tread Carefully!
Alexander Sorokin

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Sean Kelly
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 4:19 AM
Subject: Running tests

I'm interested in contributing to cordova-plugin-inappbrowser

I read in the contributor guidelines:

When we say "run the test suites" this includes:

   - All automated tests in cordova-mobilespec
   - Manual tests in cordova-mobilespec that might be affected by the change
   - npm test for JS linting
   - Any platform-specific unit tests
      - cordova-android/test
      - cordova-ios/CordovaLibTests
      - cordova-js: jake test
      - cordova-plugman: npm test

The package.json for the rpo does not have the test command above hooked up. There is a test
folder with a plugin.xml that looks promising but I can't figure out how to run it. None of
the markdown files point to anything helpful. Is there a doc with steps for getting started
testing plugins somewhere?

Go Carefully,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: